Public Policy Intern - Los Angeles
Tot Squad is a dynamic and fast growing start-up in the baby product/service industry, looking for a part-time public policy intern who is interested in preventing child injury through improved child passenger seat safety. This position is based at our headquarters in Culver City, working closely with CEO/Founder Jennifer Beall Saxton.
Originally founded in 2010 as CleanBeeBaby in Los Angeles, Tot Squad was named one of the hottest new franchise concepts by CNBC and was a 2015 winner of the global “Young Entrepreneurs in Franchising” competition hosted by the International Franchise Association. We have been featured on MSNBC’s “Your Business” segment, YouTube’s “American Express New Rules for Business”, and in national publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes and Bloomberg BusinessWeek as an innovator to watch.
We are a small business with big ideas to help make a difference in families’ lives. Ours is a fast-paced (but friendly), entrepreneurial environment with opportunities to explore numerous parts of the business.
- Research grant opportunities in car seat safety and develop proposals for community car seat clinics and safety workshops
- Identify, contact and develop partnerships with local hospitals, police and fire stations to potentially outsource car seat installation checks
- Assume other related projects based on interest and needs of the business
- Some previous internship(s) or professional experience a must; academic focus in Public Policy or Public Health is ideal
- Excellent research and grant writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively across departments and with external stakeholders
- Detail oriented and organized
- Hardworking and reliable
- Language Requirements: Must speak English and be authorized to work in US
- 10-15 hours per week, flexible
- School credit and possible stipend depending on experience
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your skill sets and interest. Email subject should be “Public Policy Intern”. Email Ms. Jennifer Beall Saxton at email@example.com